July 23, 2008

Keeping Warm














We are very spoilt and have a wood fire..

And gas ducted heating which is handy as I am not yet up to the challenge of building an all night fire so the heater kicks in once the temp drops too low while we're asleep.. However I am determined to learn the trick of a long burning fire!

Our strawberries are also spoilt and have a good layer of pine needles to keep them warm ;) I read that they like the pine needles and we have no shortage (due to neighbours pine trees) so I threw some in to try :)














The strawberries are our first 'food' planting, we're planning a couple of vege patches but it's all work in progress at this stage.. :) (I'm currently researching with the help of Peter Cundall & Jackie French)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment