February 13, 2009

Took a break and went shopping..

To Spotlight!!

I picked up some flannelette to make Pouch Liners with :) These will be sent to Wildlife Victoria to help with the care of our native animals that have been injured & orphaned during the fires. They go inside a knitted pouch (will make some of these also).

Pleased to say I managed to drive the sewing machine OK too! It's not perfect but I doubt the possums will mind ;)



Oh, and the backburning fire from last night? It was another bushfire!!

We were issued an Urgent Threat message this morning and spent most of the morning (from 6:30am!) patrolling, filling gutters etc. As of lunchtime things have settled again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how exhausting all the alerts and living on tenderhooks Meags but I'm just so glad you're all ok, and HOW FAB are the little fleece pouch liners - BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooooeeeeeee Meagan where are you???

    I've given you a wakey-wakey by tagging you in the seven things challenge :)

    http://frillsinthehills.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-seven.html

    ReplyDelete