September 4, 2009

Where have I been hiding?

I've been preoccupied with my new bike :)

Last weekend I went to Lysterfield Lake to ride with some other MTB girls. And it was awesome!

I rode things I never thought I would have attempted - down hills, tight(ish) switchbacks and even over logs and off (small) drops. There was plenty of nice single trail :)

I am very appreciative to the girls who were totally supportive and helpful and encouraging and were patient with me as a beginner and didn't seem to mind that I was slow.

We rode 15km all up and I was totally wrecked by the end of it.. but elated at the same time.

Since then I found the below pics (taken by Steveob on the MTBR forums) of singletrack in St Andrews and my first thought was,"That looks like great fun." I think I'm bcoming a real fan :) Hubby is pleased!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment